As 2018 comes to a close -- and before you ring in the new year -- I encourage you to take a moment to write down at least 9 things you were thankful for this year.
Why? Because I'm willing to bet that you've done a lot to be proud of this year, both personally and professionally, but haven't taken the time to actually reflect on your successes in a meaningful way.
I'm a firm believer in celebrating our own milestones, goals, and dreams achieved -- and sharing those moments with the folks who have supported us along the way. We planted the seeds and tended the soil, so why not give ourselves the flowers, too!
So I urge you to take some time between now and the new year to do just that. Start with 9, but see if you can write down 18 things that you were thankful for in 2018. It's a wonderful way to end the year.
To get the ball rolling, here's an Instagram collage of 9 things that thrilled me professionally in 2018:
From left to right:
1) The release of Ageless Vegan in June. Thank you so much to EVERYONE who bought books for yourselves and your family and friends. We appreciate your support!
2) Being featured in AARP magazine, the most-read magazine in the country, about our Perfect Pecan Pie and vegan transition stories.
3) Having the best book launch party ever with family, friends, and fans in Washington, DC.
4) Receiving the Compassionate Vegan Living Award at Farm Sanctuary's Gala on the Hudson.
5) Being featured in Women's Health magazine for an article titled, "I'm Vegan and I've Got More Energy Now Than I Did in College."
6) Going on a 6-month book tour with my fabulous 82-year-old vegan mom, supported by A Well-Fed World.
7) Having nearly 500,000 copies of our FREE African American Vegan Starter Guide in print as of 2018. Order or download yours for free.
8) Meeting so many beautiful folks around the country who came out to see us on our book tour.
9) Being featured as the cover story about a healthy Thanksgiving for the Chicago Defender, one of the nation's oldest black newspapers.
There's much more to share, and all told, I've had a wonderful 2018! Thank you for being a part of my journey and allowing me to be a part of yours.
Here's to a happy and healthy 2019!